Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why provide a live scanner link?

Well, honestly, why not? I have a scanner that for the longest time was sitting around turned off. I happened upon radio reference one day and thought to myself, self since you are not using this scanner, why not stream it oline for others who may listen to it. So that's what I did.

I am a 911 Dispatcher by profession, so to me the last thing I wanted to do was come home and listen to "work". I do every now and then like to tune into what's going on in my home city, but that's usually the extent of it. It's just like anything else, if you are a plumber, that last thing you want to do is come home and do plumbing work.

I used to listen to scanners 24/7, and I wanted to share that with however many people chose to listen to my feed!!

I hope that others, if they have a chance, provide a feed if there isn't one in your area. I like what Radio Reference has done, and is doing.

Ok, that's what I got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment